Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Who has visited Euro Disney?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Who has visited Euro Disney?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Who has visited Euro Disney? Reply with quote

Any tips? Tricks? Hints?

I'd really like to go in 2012. The economy is bad everywhere, with no real signs of improvement, so time will tell. If it is going to come to pass…I think it's best to start thinking about it now and planning far in advance, saving the cash doing the trip debt free.

I'm not a stranger to foreign travel, but I've never been to France. This would be my first overseas Disney Park!!

: )
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna go!

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Disneyland Paris but I heard Eurodisney went away. Very Happy

What kind of questions did you have?
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DP--you and deb better come!!!

more questions of size etc. Disneyland is my "home park" though I've done WDW numerous times. I'm sure I can find maps and such online, but looking for folks who have been to get a 'feel' for the place. should I take a couple of days (my preference to soak it all in). Any major differences i should be aware of so I'm not shocked.

Looks like it might be pushed back a bit with all the medical expenses I'm facing, but still on my to do in the not to distant future list. OK Poos, get to budgeting with me!

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since DLR is in my backyard (so to speak) I can probably be quite helpful.

So in terms of size DLP is larger than DLR, and the largest of the "Disneyland" parks apparently (that was on wiki), it does not have the same cramped feeling that you get in some areas of DLR since they had the space to work with.

If I recall, Disney Studios is smaller (at least when I went) than Disney Hollywood Studios, but that may have changed a little since they have added to it.

In terms of surprises... I would say that they do apparently have winter (I went in summer right before bastile day) so if you go during the cold times of year you may get snow. Also, the river and lakes do freeze over so if you go in winter the two paddlewheel boats in frontierland may be off limits.

If you've always wanted to go to Club 33 they have a similar version of it at DLP, it's called Walt's, they serve mostly american fare but may have some european interpretations of the dishes. Nothing bad just different.

I think the only surprise you might encounter would be the hotel situation is that you pretty much walk to the parks from your hotel. There is a shuttle/bus that runs from each hotel to the EuroStar/Metro station but that is only about halfway to the parks.

Oh, I forgot, they have more walk-through attractions at DLRP than at other parks and they are well done.

In terms of night time entertainment, it can be a bit sparse since their Downtown Disney (Called Disney Village) doesn't have a ton of stuff to do at night.

That being said, you are also close to Paris so you can always go there with ease.

With the location of DLRP and the ease of access to trains you can actually make it a small tour of London (or other parts of the UK) and Paris (or other parts of France). I was living in London during the time I went to DLRP so it was just a short car ride to Waterloo station and 3 hours later I was at the park. They also have a free bus (I think) that goes from Charles DeGaul to the resort.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! I had heard that transport to the Park there is very easy!

It's a fun dream to have Smile and a reasonable one. I think it will be a few years out and possibly part of a larger trip…time will tell.

Thanks for your input!

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's quite a lot of fun, and as much as most people hate me for saying this, almost every attraction they do at DLRP is done better than it's american counterpart.

Oh, if you do land in England (if you're doing the european tour) or pretty much anywhere that isn't going directly to DLRP be sure to look into hiring a car service to take you from the airport because a taxi will cost you a lot more.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to note!

I'm not sure what route we'll take…perhaps going through the backdoor, sometimes cheaper than landing in England Smile

As the time approaches, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions and doing a lot more research!

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that reminds me of another important thing.

For the most part the airport shuttle doesn't really exist in London (and probably not Paris as well) so you will want to get a private car hire arranged before you leave as a cab will cost a lot more.

Also, get the bulk of your foriegn currency at your bank before you leave so that you don't need to use exchange services as often. In the UK the best place to exchange currency, if you were going from the UK to another country, is the post office.

Be sure to also inform your bank that you're traveling so they won't put any locks on your credit or debit cards, you will pay a transaction fee (it's gone down now) but it's better than having to carry around a few grand in cash at all times. Your cell phones will usually work in Europe but one thing you may want to consider is getting them unlocked and buying a new simcard, that way you won't have to pay international charges. If you want to keep your phone as is you will want to call your provider and set up the international program so that you can at least get a discounted rate.
daypet
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disneyland paris is excellent value and fun for the hole family of all ages. We have been to Disneyland more than four times as a family on our last visit we stayed in the dream castle hotel the staff were fantastic the room was clean and lovely and the breakfast was beautiful. Disneyland Paris is Magic Kingdom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: