Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - We're heading south...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

We're heading south...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: We're heading south... Reply with quote

...in a few months. We'll have a few new experiences with this trip. One will be Magical Express, another will be Bay Lake Towers, and the third will be Harry Potter.

Who's used ME and specifically, who's used it on an after 10pm arrival?

Has anyone stayed in BLT?

Has anyone used the luggage service from the hotels?

We haven't been to WDW since 2010, so aside from Tiki Room and Star Tours, what's new there?

JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't speak to Bay Lake Tower, but the Toad clan will be staying there for the first time at the beginning of May. I know my parents have stayed there once already and really enjoyed it.

As for Magical Express, we've used it every time since we've gone the past few years. No complaints about it. The only thing, especially with a late arrival, is that I would pack a carry on bag for the next days clothes and over night stuff in case it takes a few hours for them to get your luggage to you. I know with some earlier/afternoon arrivals, the luggage itself didn't get there until late at night. Do with that info what you will.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think after a certain time at night, Magical Express will no longer provide luggage service.

Yep, I just looked into it. For flights arriving after 10 PM, you must collect your own luggage from baggage claim and transport it to your hotel yourself. Since your flight is arriving around the cut-off time, I suggest that you give Disney a call and hash things out with them. It would suck if you got there and went to your hotel, only to find out that no one was fetching your bags for you.

Other than that little hitch, it really is a convenient option that they provide for guests. I don't feel like I've really arrived in WDW until I see that welcome video that they play on the overhead screen en route to the hotels.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pug.

I read about the luggage and I'm OK with that. Since we've always rented a car, collecting our luggage is not a big deal. I'm more concerned that the busses are still running and such when we arrive.

Have you ever used the check-in service at the hotel? And how long before your return flight do you need to be on the return bus?

THANKS!

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buses run 24 hours a day, I can attest personally to that. When we were there in October and were stranded in the airport after our flight was canceled due to the snowstorm in the Northeast, we caught a bus back to our resort on zero notice at 3:00 AM.

The check-in service is pretty seamless. You just walk up to a desk in the hotel lobby, hand them your ID and they process your luggage and give you your boarding passes right there. You have to do it before check-out, though, so if you have a late flight, it's best to take care of your luggage and boarding passes before breakfast and check your carry-ons with bell services. The boarding passes are even printed on cool Mickey/Magical Express card stock.

Magical Express return service usually picks you up somewhere around 3 hours before your flight leaves. They'll leave a packet on your door the day before telling you everything you need to know.
davea61
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, you need to check if your airline is one of the companies participating with the resort check-in. You can find that out on the WDW website.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLT rocks! It so nice to be right there with the monorail station at your door. The rooms are spacious and modern. We love staying there…probably the reason we are out of DVC points Smile

WWOHP is also pretty rockin' I think when a day of that combined with WDW at BLT you have an AMAZING vacay planned.

: )
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: We're heading south... Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
We haven't been to WDW since 2010, so aside from Tiki Room and Star Tours, what's new there?

Have you seen the articulated Mickeys? His eyes blink and his mouth moves when he speaks - very cool. I saw him in January at the WDW opening ceremony. I had forgotten all about this, so it was a nice surprise!

Bouncing Mickey
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecutemoose wrote:
BLT rocks! It so nice to be right there with the monorail station at your door. The rooms are spacious and modern. We love staying there…probably the reason we are out of DVC points Smile

WWOHP is also pretty rockin' I think when a day of that combined with WDW at BLT you have an AMAZING vacay planned.

: )

What's BLT?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bay Lake Towers

RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks! My mom retires this year and I told her we'd stay in the Contemporary - she's wanted to do that since it opened. Now I just have to save my pennies. Very Happy
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An option, if you want to stay at BLT, is to "rent" vacation points. There are a few palces you can go that will help you broker a deal. Many people say its a cheaper way to stay in a Deluxe Resort without having to spend as much.

I've never done it, but you could check the DISBoards or even MouseSavers.com.

kray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I giving David's Vacation Club Rentals a try for marathon weekend - found them on mousesavers.com.

I'll let you knoww how it goes.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
An option, if you want to stay at BLT, is to "rent" vacation points. There are a few palces you can go that will help you broker a deal. Many people say its a cheaper way to stay in a Deluxe Resort without having to spend as much.

I've never done it, but you could check the DISBoards or even MouseSavers.com.

Thanks for the tip! We've actually discussed joined the DVC.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes until we leave for The World!

Well, we've got everything pretty well planned out, all our dining ressies are done and we have our tickets. Now all we have to do is wait. That's the toughest part.

Oh yeah, I guess we should pack too....eh, we can do that in 12 days, 10 hours fomo now!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: