Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Please Bring Back ...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Please Bring Back ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Please Bring Back ... Reply with quote

I was talking to one of my friends from California the other day and the topic turned to Disneyland past. I often lament that, being a child of the 80s, that Tomorrowland in the 1980s was the pinnacle of my childhood visits.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Star Tours - but Peoplemover, Space Mountain, America Sings and Adventures Through Inner Space were top visits for me (add the subs and some cheesy 80s band on the Tomorrowland stage and I'm in heaven).

This turned the conversation toward what we would bring back to the park if given the opportunity. My friend even started talking about the stores on Main Street.

So, if you could wave the magic wand and bring anything back - even if it were just for one summer - what would you bring back from beyond the grave?

BTW - I'd give anything to ride Adventures Through Inner Space again.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are mant things I would like to bring back from an entertainment perspective, but from a quality of show perspective, I'd like to see a return to the individual themed stores on Main street.

These long strip stores selling all the same stuff just are not the same. Give us back the individual stores.
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could start a whole thread on extinct attractions and the ones we miss the most. I agree with Fan on bringing back individual stores and one-of-a-kind product lines. The homogenization of Disney has ruined the stores. And Bison, I would give anything to ride Horizons again, though I was lucky enough to ride Adventures Thru Inner Space...Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some really good threads on re-imagining some of the various lands a few years ago. good reads. not as good as the Monday night chats, but as those are a thing of the past....
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring one of the moderators of the Monday Night Chats, I would love to see them come back. Those were some really fun times, weren't they? Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, but we would need more than just 2 or 3 users to participate.
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually had six to ten UABers on any given Monday. Most were regulars but we tried to get newbies to join in. Ellory really livened up the room! I wish we could test out what kind of real interest is out there to bring it back...Smile
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never participated in the chat but would like to explore it - I am always up for learning more about the Parks and Disney history Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could always post a poll here and on facebook.

My concerns would be that the forums seem to have lost readers, so it may not reach folks that might participate in the "chat"
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back HORIZONS! and Mr Toad......

also Monday night chats as well... Cool
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney3xJC - do the chat modules still work? When I try activating them I get all sorts of browser security messages and error messages.
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a question for ltldeb. I had asked a while ago, probably over a year now, and she said the chat module was deactivated. It may be a monthly cost issue. We need to check with her...Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: