Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Keep your negative comments to yourself please.

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Keep your negative comments to yourself please.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Keep your negative comments to yourself please. Reply with quote

Its really annoying how people go on UAB and leave negative comments about the music. I hear enough negativity about my taste in music from outside the confines of the "Disney Community" I don't want to have it on what is a radio station intended for Disney theme park fans. Obviously you are going to offend people who happen to like the music you are saying nasty snarky things about. If you don't like it --- A) Dont listen to a Disney radio station, B) keep your comments to yourself or C) at a minimum, keep your critisisms general, and not offensive with such things like "My ears are bleeding" or "please make it stop". If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Sorry just venting, cuz almost every song i seem to be picking has some nasty comment with it, and it seems to be the same handful of people doing it.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyChris,

It's all in good fun, I wouldn't take it so personally. So far your involvement has been to publicly correct things, chastise people and little else on these forums. While we appreciate the corrections, since having a library is pretty expansive and difficult to keep up with over the years, not the least of which was you're coming off as your typical Disney know-it-all, and frustrating people at the same time.

Please realize that nobody is perfect, and we ALL have our quirks in one form or another.

Enjoy the broadcast.

Sincerely,

-tE
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first sent a private email to the UAB moderators with a track correction, and I was told by a moderator NOT to send it as a private email, and sent a link to this specific forum, with a request to only post these corrections here instead. It was not my intention to make these corrections public. I was just doing as asked. If the wrong link was sent to me, and there is some other private place I am supposed to be offering corrections, then I was sent to the wrong place. The only reason i have offered corrections is because i am trying to be helpful, and not to show off my knowlege of Disney. I could care less if anyone is aware of how much I know about Disney. But it specifically asks for assistance in identifying tracks on your list of Flyer Mile Rewards. And i was trying to be a good citezen by offering my assitance.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask DisneyChris to post his corrections here since it's a more central place to have this information. I thought it might be easier and if there is anything other can offer as well, everyone can see it.

I apologize that tE wasn't aware that you posted the corrections per my request.

As for the negative comments; everyone is entitled to their opinion and those comments are just that; people's opinions. You don't have to like them or agree with them, or even read them. But just like you, everyone has the right to make a comment, regardless of if it's positive or negative. All we ask is that everyone respects that right.

Thanks!

DaveyPoo

DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just not say anything about incorrect information on your site anymore. I did not know it would be so controversial. I welcome any and all corrections when it comes to my own site. I strive for all my information to as accurate as is possible. I do not want to post any inacurate information on my site and welcome all the help I can get to improve my info whenever possible. But that is just me.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stil don't like Off Kilter.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the Love - be happy we have UAB back and that we can comment and share our thoughts whether positive or negative ...there are times that I have "been offended" by some comments - but know that there is no malice intended - just my Two Cents 2 cents on the subject Smile
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the negative comments on the more eggregiously annoying tracks in the parks' histories are among the better gems on this site. There are times when I'm listening to UAB and happen to see a comment that literally makes me guffaw at my screen, looking like a fool to all my coworkers.

Nothing posted in the track comments is ever meant with malice. In fact, I often see a lot of affection in those negative comments, even those about ears bleeding. Just because the song is bad, that doesn't mean that there isn't an overriding sense of nostalgia or even appreciation of the history or significance.

It's perfectly normal and acceptable for things people say, either on here or in general to sometimes offend you, but no one has the right to never be offended. This would be a pretty bland world, if that were the case. What you may find offensive, others may find acceptable, some may even find that thing to be fun or humorous. It takes all kinds to keep this site and the planet at large an interesting organism, and comments on this site are some of the most inoccuous things to worry about in that regard.

So, shout out to TheTrout and jaho for posting some of those comments that I've found so entertaining over the years.
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, wear my thoughts on my sleeve. Glad to see they make folks chuckle.

I still don't like Off Kilter.
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all you are saying. I think people do have a right to say whatever they want. I jumped the gun a bit by expressing my emotions without applying logic to them, and I appoligise for that. I just wish people would be just a tad more sensitive to those who happen to have great affection for something that they are berating with their snide remarks. That is all. A little less snarkyness. That being said. I am obviously outnumbered, so I will just attempt to take it with a grain of salt from this point forward. I will not complain about it again, but just had to say something upfront because my initial reaction left me quite perturbed. I am generally an easy going guy though, so, I will just move on and worry about more pressing matters from this point forward. To quote Shakespeare... It's all good. LOL
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
Sorry, wear my thoughts on my sleeve. Glad to see they make folks chuckle.

I still don't like Off Kilter.

No big deal. I do the same. Your comments are a great addition to the site. A much needed counterpoint in some situations.

And I also still do not like Off Kilter. Bagpipes. Ugh.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like Off Kilter. I also like the Poly tracks. But the one set I cannot listen to is Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. I avoid listening to it, as well as seeing it.

But, as said, there are LOTS of tracks that bring back great memories of days past. It might be a track that makes your ears bleed, but it may also help you remember something fun or happy.

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
I stil don't like Off Kilter.

:::eyes the ban button::: Smile Smile j/k
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to like Off Kilter too - and for the Jungle jammin thing - ya it is annoying - but it is part of Disney and therefore I will listen although a little softer on that particular track - I too enjoy ALL comments and like seeing and hearing what other listeners like and seeing what may not be their favorite - but deep down I know everyone is thankful to have such a wonderful site to listen to - just check all the wonderful offers of $$ assistance when we were down - Keep those cards and letters coming Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: