Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Christmas in July?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Christmas in July?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Christmas in July? Reply with quote

Are there any plans to do a Christmas in July this year. Would love to hear some of my holiday favs.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that I am on that bandwagon ... there are certain tracks that I personally feel should be available all year as they are not specifically "Christmas/Holiday" - but the admins will keep us informed I am sure Smile
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Christmas in July. I dream that it will once again occur here on AUB----

I am so thrilled the days will now begin to shorten as the torture of summer is upon me…and soon it will once again be fall, pumpkins, leaves and preparations for all of the wonderful things that lead up to and are Christmas!
(including a trip to DL to enjoy the Christmas magic!)

: )
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, speaking of the Christmas music, maybe the Epiphany can add it to his lengthy to-do list to finally take some of those marathon tracks and cut them down into more manageable pieces.

I don't mind the queue being dominated by holiday fare at all around the holidays, but those hour long selections are a bit much, and when they pop up in the Your Way show like is happening right now, it's just a tad maddening. Just a teeny tiny bit.
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not dare cut the Holiday tracks Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a way to see the listing of holiday tracks. Are they posted anywhere that we can view them, even if they cannot be selected? I am just curious to see what is available.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MUST agree Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation - do not cut the Holiday Tracks - if you do that then cut some of those EPCOT tracks too -- alls fair - right - Now on to DisneyChris's question - the Holiday/Christmas tracks are only visible during the Hoiday period right after Thanksgiving until the first or second week in January - whenever tE decides to hide them til next year - IF we are lucky enough to get Christmas in July, they should be visible in the lists at that time - hope that helps Smile
eatmon74

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyChris you just have to wait till Thanksgiving and they become visible.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally for cutting down all of the long Epcot tracks, too, well except those that are complete attraction audio, of course.

I'm of the opinion that no area music tracks should be longer than maybe twenty minutes. There are plenty of other park audio broadcasts out there, and most of them aren't nearly as fun to listen to as UAB because they don't care about track length, and as a result, variety. I mean, I love those knew Trader Sam's selections, but if tE hadn't decided to cut them down to manageable pieces, that full loop would rapidly become the bane of my UAB existence.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trader Sam tracks seem to be in tact the way they were split - and yes they would have been extremely long if left as one - however, there are a few of the Holday/Christmas tracks which are long, but may loose some of the alure if they are cut - but I for one am happy to have what we have and enjoy every minute I can listen and be a part of UAB Smile
DreVog
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny yo you mention that, because my friend posted on Facebook that he was listening to the Haunted Mansion holiday soundtrack earlier. Or what he described as "christmas in july".
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas in July has not started yet - what your friend probably heard was on the UAB your way show on Tues one of the shows had quite a few "holiday/Christmas" tracks in it - I am still hoping we have Christmas in July once July gets here - just a few more days to see Smile
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as well---DO NOT CUT HOIDAY TRACKS!!!! They are much loved and held dear!

It takes plenty of miles to request them and if that's what folks desire--so be it Smile

I highly doubt there will be any Christmas tunes this month…it's been a number of years since we had the joys of Christmas in July.

ah well, less than five months until the Disney-Christmas season begins!

: )
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - if we have no Christmas in July - I hope I get a UAB my way show and there will be lots of Christmas at least for an hour:)
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have any Christmas songs listed as my favorites, because I cannot see the list of Christmas songs and pick any from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: