Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Taking the Choo-Choo to WDW?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Taking the Choo-Choo to WDW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Taking the Choo-Choo to WDW? Reply with quote

I am thinking of taking the wife back to WDW for our 20th Anniv. I have taken the autotrain in the past, but now I am interested in just taking the train. Has anyone ever taken the train from New England that might be able to provide a perspective or advise?
YensidsApprentice
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't taken the train from New England, but I have taken it from New Jersey. Over all travel time of about 22 hours, pending delays. I travel coach, never get the rooms. Don't want to spend the few hundred more. Not worth it I feel. To entertain, I bring my portable DVD player, several DVDs, a book or two, and some writing material. Usually passes the time quickly.

I am traveling down to Orlando in October via Amtrak once again. This time I am taking my lap top with me. I thought I read they now have wireless on every train. Maybe I'm mistaken. Oh, and they no longer do physical tickets. E-Tickets is how they go now. Print it out at home, and the conductor will zap the ticket with their reader device. Cool!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yensid's Apprentice. A sibling is going down at the same time, so we will be sharing the ride. I will have to try the train on another visit. It sounds to me like a great way to travel.

How do you find the expence compared to flight?
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the train ride from NJ also. But this was about 20 years ago (sheesh....I now feel super old...) It was my brothers, parents and another family of 5. We traveled coach too and it was a loooong trip. It takes about 22 hours like Yensid said. Ours started with a 4 hour delay at the station however.
Overall, it was a fun way to go in the sense I now have the story about it. We all still talk about it and have rose tinted memories of it. Thank goodness for our GameBoys!

That being said, I would rather fly or drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: