Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Down but not out! Working on some UAB changes

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Down but not out! Working on some UAB changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Down but not out! Working on some UAB changes Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I'm still alive! Just a little bit on what's been going on here as of late. First off, I've disappeared as of recent due to my recent divorce. I was much in need of taking time to heal and process everything. In the end, I've become a much better person for it Smile.

That being said, I've also started guest bartending at a few craft cocktail places here in Southern California. It's not my full-time profession, but I find it to be very therapeutic which allows for decompression. If you're in the area, I can often be found at Trader Sam's talking shop with some bartender friends there Smile.

At any rate, I decided to dust off my keyboard a bit and start playing around with some new configurations for the broadcast and I think I've found something I'd been trying to do for some time. The fact that The Trader Sam's Area Music (track 12) is playing while I write this without anyone requesting it shows that I've stumbled on to something that I'd been trying to balance for many years now.

In essence, I've augmented the playlist rotation so that the more frequently requested tracks are played on their own without someone ALWAYS needing to request them. Which means the more popular tracks will play in rotation, and less of the "not-so-great" tracks will see less automatic play than before.

I've also started going through my "To add" list for more tracks to add to the broadcast as well, though bear with me as there's a lot currently going on here Smile.

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news.

Happy to hear you keep finding new fun things to keep you going!

: )
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed your presence and have been enjoying your requests -Anxious to see what "new" tracks you find. Next time we are at DL we are planning a stop at Trader Sam's and hope to see you there ...

Smile
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back - and sounds like your better than ever! Looking forward to seeing what your up to Very Happy
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalo, my good man.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the rough time, Glad things are improving. Looking forward to your enhancements and to your track requests.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: