Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW During Historic Week

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW During Historic Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Postcards From Your Travels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: WDW During Historic Week Reply with quote

So, I'm going to post some pictures of a trip my family and I took to WDW in May of 2010. It turned out to be a historic week to be at the park, because that week was named the 'Wettest week in Florida history (for at least 100 years)". In a two day period alone, 16 inches of rain fell. We did our best to make the best of the situation, but it was a rough visit as we were often ankle deep in water, and had to run for our lives to get out of Epcot one day because the lightning was getting bad (yet, I still took a moment to run to the Norwegian pavilion to get desserts).

The pictures from that trip are saved on an external drive I don't have access to, but I wanted to start this thread in advance so that I have a home to link the pictures to. I'll post pictures shortly - see the thrill of my pancho'ed-six-year-old daughter sitting in the pouring rain Very Happy

Cheers!
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that week well! You never know when we will get another like that again...Smile
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was crazy - but I have some great pictures, including one of the castle completely deluged by water. I'm just being lazy and need to get the photos off my external hard drive. Coming soon.
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay everyone, I'm sorry this took me so much longer than I thought it would. I selected a few great pictures from that trip. The first I took standing on Main Street looking at the Castle while the rain POURED!

To further highlight the amount of rain that was coming down, I took this picture while waiting for our bus to take us back to the hotel. This is looking out over the lagoon. Check out the force of the rain on the ground.

What made the story even better is that the resort we were staying at was rehabbing one of their laundry rooms - leaving the entire resort with only one place to dry your close. I swear, I almost saw fist fights break out.
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a picture I took of my wife and daughter - you can't really see them but they're hiding under the Sorcerer's hat (the two sitting on the farthest left). This particular storm had come on so quickly, that people were running from everywhere to get under.

My daughter's mood had not surprisingly soured through this trip as the weather would clear up, then suddenly pour - then pour for an hour - then clear for a few minutes, etc.

This is one of the pictures where the weather finally defeated her:

The trip wasn't a total loss. We will always remember it for it's historicity. This was also the trip when the kid discovered the live Beauty and the Beast show. I'm pretty sure we saw it 2-3 times that week (thank goodness it's a covered show).
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finish with the creme dela creme. I managed to capture the ultimate photo that captures how well my wife just tries to roll with adversity, and how little patience our young daughter has when nature keeps her from enjoying Disney World.

I give you - one of my favorites - "Waiting in the Rain" ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Postcards From Your Travels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: