Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Muppets in Liberty Square?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Muppets in Liberty Square?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Muppets in Liberty Square? Reply with quote

Anyone catch this announcement? Found on Mouseplanet.

"The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History" opens in October, and will star Sam Eagle, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, and The Great Gonzo. Another character, James Jefferson, is the human host of the show. According to the casting call for the role, "JJ is a Revolutionary history buff who delights in sharing his knowledge of the Colonial era and Liberty Square with anyone who will listen, and he has teamed up with his good friends Sam Eagle, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, and others to share some great moments in American history!"

This new show takes place outside the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square, and is said to be an addition to the "regular, year-round lineup," rather than a limited-time offering. The show almost certainly requires some sort of permanent stage or set for the Muppets, so we'll keep an eye out for new construction in the area.
---

Hmm, I find this interesting but I am not sure why. I like the Muppets and I like American history but for some reason finding the Muppets in Liberty Square seems out-of-place. Still I suppose I should wait to see how they do it before passing judgement.

Your opinions?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An article I read on it, was that the show would take place out of the windows above the Hall of Presidents building. Not sure if that is the "Stage" they were referring to or if this has now moved.
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit torn as well - honestly, I'm sure if it's the Muppets the show will be a hoot. But there was a grounded realism in Liberty Square that this seems somewhat out of place.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to see the show a few weeks ago, and it was great! It did not distract from the area, and it actually serves as a good draw to the area. Since many folks skip right past Hall of Presidents, maybe this will help increase its attendance as well.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post about this! It wasn't running when we were there a couple of months ago and I was curious about it as well.

I agree that this should help draw people to the area and hopefully increase attendance to the Hall of Presidents.

swimasb
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it myself, but I had a friend who took a video, and it seemed like it was a good fit. They told the actual history, and it's a temporary show so it's not like the muppets live in Liberty Square, they just happened to be there for a moment.

bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this conversation:

We went to WDW in October (Hurricane Matthew - that was a hoot), and we got to see the show. My family really enjoyed it. While it may not fit in the historical aesthetic of the land, it's not intrusive either - in other words, when the show's going, it's the only thing you're really looking at, and when the show's over, the land is unchanged. I don't think it takes anything away.

Then, you have the Muppets ... and it's a live show, so they're right there. The humor was sharp (Sam Eagle, c'mon, you know it's going to be good!), and it did draw a crowd ... a rather BIG crowd.

I thought it was a fantastic addition.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to see one of the two shows when I was there last month.

As a big Muppet fan I thought it was great. It hits the historical notes it needs to so it fits in Liberty Square, and has enough "Muppet Mayhem" to be a blast. It's in and out, doesn't over do it or overstay it's welcome. It is really a lot of fun.

And when I was watching it, it occurred to me that this was the first time I was seeing real "live" Muppets and the infectious silliness was fantastic.

I loved it.

10/10 would watch again.
angesoie
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i absolutely loved this addition during my visit in May with the live muppeteers

Kermit

i hope it sticks around for awhile
darlinpeople
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still around? Also will you be adding audio of this? I did watch a YouTube video when it was first announced but it would be great to hear it here Smile or in person Very Happy
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this show is still being performed...
darlinpeople
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
Yes, this show is still being performed...

Thank you! I love the Muppets so now I have a reason to visit Liberty Square Very Happy
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darlinpeople, the show is fantastic. If you can get a good spot in the shade with a Dole Whip Float, it's a great performance.
darlinpeople
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bison74 wrote:
darlinpeople, the show is fantastic. If you can get a good spot in the shade with a Dole Whip Float, it's a great performance.

Thank you for the advice! We also love Dole Whips! I might try to convince my sister and her family to meet me for spring break in Orlando next year instead of coming all the way over here to Disneyland. We have been meeting over here since it's easier for me but now that my kids are old enough to enjoy some rides perhaps I can go to Orlando again so we can experience all of the parks over there! It's been about 8 years since I've been.
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I miss Disneyland. We moved from California to Tennessee about a decade ago. Don't get me wrong, we love Disney World, but my wife and I grew up at Disneyland.

If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend the Dole Whip Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Incredible!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: