Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - DVC Questions

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

DVC Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonyPadfootandProngs
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: DVC Questions Reply with quote

I became interested in the DVC after listening to one of the DVC commercials on UAB, lol, and was wondering what everyone who is in it thought? What are the specific details they leave out? Like how much and what are the annual fees? My parents say time shares are a bad idea and they won't pay themselves off, or you can't get the time you want b/c somebody has the slot you want or whatever. Could somebody please tell me all about timeshares and how Disney is different, any positives, and negatives, and if at all how you came about purchasing a DVC membership? I think it would be a great idea but I haven't really seen all the details and specifics into this program - basically I have no clue what its ALL about...so if anybody wants to clue me in that would be great! I'd love to hear from everybody! Thanks!~

"Please remain seated with your seat belts fastened. Permanecer sentados por favor."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time right now to explain it all, but I will either tonight or tomorrow.

DVC is a different and much better approach to the timeshare than many people think. But keep in mind, it only works best for Disney resorts.

DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
I don't have time right now to explain it all, but I will either tonight or tomorrow.

DVC is a different and much better approach to the timeshare than many people think. But keep in mind, it only works best for Disney resorts.

Yah it sucks for the Universal Parks! Laughing Rolling on Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor

Sorry couldn't resist1 Razz
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...well....ummm....errr....dumb-dumb-head!

DisneyDave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Up
MoonyPadfootandProngs
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys crack me up! LOL! There's no rush, can't wait to here all about it! Thanks!

"Please remain seated with your seat belts fastened. Permanecer sentados por favor."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We joined a couple of years ago. I looked at it for many years, but could not justify the cost. At the time I begain considering DVC, the monthly up-keep cost, after a year, added up to what we were paying to stay at the All Star for a week. Plus they wanted $10 thousand more. I considered the price of staying at the All Stars, that kept going up year after year. But if i were to join, I would lock in at today's prices. Now we stay at places like the Wildernes Lodge, Boardwalk, Old Key West, etc...All of which cost acouple hundred dollars a night, (which we never would have been able to afford). And if we stay in a studio, we can go twice a year. Our membership doesn't run out for fourty more years, and we can pass it on to our kids when GOD decides to take my wife and I to see Uncle Walt. (We also buy the anual passes.)
rmfreder
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are members and its great. we have been able to take our whole family 2 or 3 times. we have paid for our membership in the first three years just by using it and staying at the very best hotels at Disney. the only problem is that you never have eoungh points and you always want to buy more. But if you really want all the information go to WDW and sign up for the informational meeting at Saratoga Springs. By the way we have used it for other trips then just Disney resorts and it was very very easy. I highly recommed. You can't go wrong with Disney.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new website recently opened dedicated to DVC and its owners. It's www.mouseowners.com.

They have a message board and will gladly answer any and all questions you may have about DVC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: