Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Haunted Mansion changes *SPOILERS*

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Haunted Mansion changes *SPOILERS*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swarlock
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Excellent Reply with quote

[quote="Therewasatime"]I think this is a realy great addition to the mansion. I really like that the parks are looking more into developing a storyline for it. [/quote]

I wish there wasn't. To me Costantine's role is that of a guest. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To me Costantine's role is that of a guest. Nothing more, nothing less.

Eh?...I might need a little more explanation for that. I'm not sure what you mean.
Say What?

I'd love to see these changes first hand,...my wife & I are considering a trip in August...but it may or may not happen. Until then, does anyone know if there's a video of the bride online that's not in the form of Flash or Quicktime?
-And another question,...I had heard the rumor of changes to the HM that included the attic & bride, as well as the HHG's. Obviously the attic is done, is there any more talk of the hitch hikers? Or was that idea tossed aside?
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sweetums"]
Quote:
To me Costantine's role is that of a guest. Nothing more, nothing less.

Eh?...I might need a little more explanation for that. I'm not sure what you mean.
Say What?
[/quote]
I think swarlock means that the new bride shouldn't take over the mansion "story", she should just be one of the many aspects of it. I would agree, and that seems to be the case, which is good.
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh...I see.
In that case, I don't think the changes to the bride affect the overall story. Actually, if you pick it apart and atomize it, the bride is just one of several stories. -just one chapter in a huge novel, if you will. I'm sure there is a story for all 999 spirits counted in the mansion. -or at least for all the prominently displayed ones. The rest would be folklore or fan speculation.
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constance.....Constance...not Constantine (that's a really bad Keano Reeves movie) Wink Wink

Sweetums wrote:
Ahhhhh...I see.
In that case, I don't think the changes to the bride affect the overall story. Actually, if you pick it apart and atomize it, the bride is just one of several stories. -just one chapter in a huge novel, if you will. I'm sure there is a story for all 999 spirits counted in the mansion. -or at least for all the prominently displayed ones. The rest would be folklore or fan speculation.

yeah...that's about to change REALLY quick....Make way for yes another "definitive" story line...

For those who are curious

better video can be found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYNx7HGID4
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha for a second i was like, wait, who's constantine?! constantine is a boy's name. Smile like...constantine the great.

ps -

what i glimpsed of the portraits look really cool. i actually like what i've seen of the bride. but...i think it's gonna date itself faster than madame leota's eye makeup. Smile that and in the video, her chest is glinting disconcertingly. haha.
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theEpiphany wrote:

yeah...that's about to change REALLY quick....Make way for yes another "definitive" story line...

How so?
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curently this is the first of many changes coming to the mansion at least proposed changes...The mansion will be getting spookier and dialog is rumored to be changing.....

BUT...I dont this thread to go into the direction of nitpicking EVERY change...the population of other websites have that over-analytical and crazed lunacy covered quite well WinkWink (meant all in good fun).
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I agree. Best to avoid that at all costs.

One last question... Are these changes in addition to the rumored HHG improvements?
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HHG improvements have been canceled...for various reasons...at least for now. From what I hear there was a big reliability factor and no "backup plan" should the effect go down...This decision came some time ago.

Don't expect much for a big HMH changeover...apparently all the plans are being scrapped one after another...

thats' about as far as I'm comfortable with going right now...I'd like to respect the magic and leave the muckraking gossip hounds to the rest.
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope it doesn't get "too" scary...part of what I enjoy about the mansion is its lightheartedness...

Many things to look forward to seeing

: )
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. so i showed video of the 'new' attic to my brother, who is an industrial archaeologist. he informed me that the axe the bride holds is of a type known as a 'roofer's axe,' and is the same type lizze borden (the axe murderess) was supposed to have used. at least, in her most famous portrait, she's depicted with one. Razz
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprildecember wrote:
lol. so i showed video of the 'new' attic to my brother, who is an industrial archaeologist. he informed me that the axe the bride holds is of a type known as a 'roofer's axe,' and is the same type lizze borden (the axe murderess) was supposed to have used. at least, in her most famous portrait, she's depicted with one. Razz

How's that for Disney accuracy Wink

: )
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao i know! my brother's always good for little esoteric disney detail type stuff. when he came back from digging in honduras, he was like, 'omg, they have those squeaky jungle cruise birds there!' hehehe.

he can also point out all the old mining equipment around grizzly river rapids and big thunder mountain and stuff. it's pretty funny.
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprildecember wrote:
...he can also point out all the old mining equipment around grizzly river rapids and big thunder mountain and stuff. it's pretty funny.

Well no offense...but I can point it out too! Laughing

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: