Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Dumbest Souvenir...?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Dumbest Souvenir...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Dumbest Souvenir...? Reply with quote

We've all made emotional souvinir purchases on our vacations....
-What's the dumbest Disney souvenir you've ever bought?
-Where did you buy it?
-Where is it now?

Disney Fan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of candidates...BUT...they're all in the same place...My storage facility with the rest of my disney stuff...
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple that I'm almost too embarassed to admit to.
I was a t-shirt freak back when I worked at WDW. And the fact that I got 35% off the merchandise didn't help much. So I had, and still have a decent WDW t-shirt collection. But the dumbest one I bought was a C-3PO t-shirt. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. It was (is) so tacky!I t was a black T-shirt with C-3PO's face on one side. -But the graphic took up the entire surface of the shirt. From shoulder to waist, It was completely covered in the graphic. And with that much ink, the smell never went away. Wash after wash, it still smelled the same from the day that I bought it. I may have worn it a total of 7 times.
At this moment, I think it's buried in a box in the attic with a few other shirts that I've outgrown (maturity wise, not size) but have precious memories attatched to them. Obviously, I haven't thrown them out yet.
Somone I worked with gave me the idea of taking all the art off the t-shirts by cutting them out in perfect squares, and then sewing them together into a quilt. A very cute idea that would represent a lot of my Disney history, ...but if I really had the time to do that, why are they still sitting in a box in my attic?
Rolling Eyes
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetums,

There are companies that will make quilts for you if you send them the shirts. Runners do this with the dozens of race shirts they collect.
Pick up a copy of a running magazine and check out the ad section in the back. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Rosscommon Quilts, Rosscommon.com (I think I can mention that link here, can't I?)

But if that C-3PO shirt is as bad as you say, you might not want to memorialize that on a quilt.
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when it comes to the kids... I would have to say the Mickey Hands!

They look cool in the park...and in the stores...

But the attention span has to be about 3 minutes for these, and like idiots we buy more pairs on later trips...

I think we have like 3 sets of em floating around the house some where Shocked
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a raspberry beret at mad hatter once. never wore it. but i mean, come on...it was a RASPBERRY BERET! like the Prince song.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, as long as we're being honest...I bought my son some Mickey Hands, too. I knew it was a stupid thing to do, but we were so wrapped up in the moment, I lost my head!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
Ya, as long as we're being honest...I bought my son some Mickey Hands, too. I knew it was a stupid thing to do, but we were so wrapped up in the moment, I lost my head!!!

Donna bought some last year so I could spot her in the stands at the marathon. Now she has them on the bed posts. Do you know what it's like to wake up with a Mickey hand over your head!!!!!!
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Donna bought some last year so I could spot her in the stands at the marathon. Now she has them on the bed posts. Do you know what it's like to wake up with a Mickey hand over your head!!!!!!

It's still better than finding Mickey's shoes under your bed!!!
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
Quote:

It's still better than finding Mickey's shoes under your bed!!!

I always say she would like me better if I had big ears and only 3 fingers.

And all of you....leave that one alone. I shouldn't even tee it up for you.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same vein as the Mickey hands, I've seen Mickey parts for a computer. They have arms and legs which you attach to your monitor, which, I guess, serves as the body. I don't recall if it was a souvenir or not, but that's pretty dumb.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have a figment hat with the horns from the mid-80's. Not that I'd wear it, but it makes me remember some of my early Disney trips.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a Figment hat.

I was thinking that I never bought any stupid souvenirs, but on Donna's first trip we bought a drink in a giant Spaceship Earth mug. I guess that is the closest I come.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is actually kind of funny. Laughing (not yet) Sad My family and I were walking down Main Street and I almost tripped over loose pavement where the streetcars run over. I noticed it, picked it up and now its under my mailbox. Very Happy Arrow So I showed my parents it and they said, "That's the stupidest thing you can get at Disneyland Exclamation " I very much disagree Exclamation Now I have my own piece of Disneyland to keep forever!! Bouncing Mickey
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say it was buying the kids that stupid Minnie of liberty light that twirls around. but they just had to have it...

Normally I go for things like magnets, books, book ends or other things I will see frequently and know I will actually use.
DisneyDave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireurgunz wrote:
This story is actually kind of funny. Laughing (not yet) Sad My family and I were walking down Main Street and I almost tripped over loose pavement where the streetcars run over. I noticed it, picked it up and now its under my mailbox. Very Happy Arrow So I showed my parents it and they said, "That's the stupidest thing you can get at Disneyland Exclamation " I very much disagree Exclamation Now I have my own piece of Disneyland to keep forever!! Bouncing Mickey

And it was free! You might say "dirt cheap" or you "cemented" a good price Wink

That sounds cool...I am geeky enough to appreciate that Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: