Alt Text 6
Navigation



 
Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - How do you feel about the latest price increase - 2018

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

How do you feel about the latest price increase - 2018

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about the latest price increase in both DLR and WDW?
With all the new stuff being added, it was needed
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
it won't affect any of my upcoming trips
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I can't believe they've increased prices again!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author Message
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1


Joined: Jun 22, 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: MA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: How do you feel about the latest price increase - 2018 Reply with quote

How do you feel about the latest price increase in both DLR and WDW?
_________________
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
--Walt Disney

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1


Joined: Jun 22, 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: MA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have trips for both DLR and WDW this year. While we were able to get our tickets before the increase at WDW, we're getting AP's in DLR and cannot get those until we're there in May, so we will get whacked with a hefty increase. AP's are still cheaper than a Hopper for 7 Days+, but it still stings.
_________________
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
--Walt Disney

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot


Joined: Nov 13, 2005
Posts: 9547
Location: Arizona/Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep AP at DLR is a killer for non So Cal folks ... I am really trying to hit the parks at least 10 days a year to feel like I am getting my money's worth ... And I put in requests for more perks for non So Cal AP holders .... Let me know when you are coming to DLR and may be able to connect for a day of two ... Miss our days in the Park ...

:)ma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot


Joined: Mar 01, 2006
Posts: 10794

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will not impact my planned trips, because I have already been priced out of the parks fpr the foreseeable future.

I understand the need to periodically raise prices, but lately it seems to be more of a case of "raising it because we can get away with it" as opposed to "raising it due to need".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAIRat
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant


Joined: Oct 15, 2013
Posts: 437

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
It will not impact my planned trips, because I have already been priced out of the parks fpr the foreseeable future.

I understand the need to periodically raise prices, but lately it seems to be more of a case of "raising it because we can get away with it" as opposed to "raising it due to need".


Agreed!
_________________
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1


Joined: Jun 22, 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: MA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Disney has decided to become a “Premier” destination, rather than a family fun getaway vacation spot.

I’m technically a Travel Agent, and decided to take some training at the College of Disney Knowledge. I went through all the training videos and such and while they have offerings that are much easier on a person’s budget, it’s not cheap. The do offer “Good Neighbor Hotel” options, but when you add in ticket prices, transportation (if you’re not staying at a WDW resort), food, etc., you’re looking at a VERY pricey vacation, and where you’re probably talking about a family of four, you’re talking around $4000 or more depending on length of stay. If prices were this high the first time we brought our kids to Disney (20 years ago), we couldn’t have afforded it.

All they seem to want to push now are add-on’s and upgrades to make your stay more enjoyable.

So based on what I’ve seen, and the recent price increases, I would say they are trying to “price out” normal families and only want those who can afford the luxuries of a Disney vacation, and Disney will no longer consider their demographic to be any family with an income under $200,000 a year.

Sure, this will help decrease crowds, but I think that in time, this will prove to be the downfall of Disney Parks since only the elite will be able to afford a Disney Vacation.
_________________
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
--Walt Disney

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CAIRat
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant


Joined: Oct 15, 2013
Posts: 437

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
I believe that Disney has decided to become a “Premier” destination, rather than a family fun getaway vacation spot.

I’m technically a Travel Agent, and decided to take some training at the College of Disney Knowledge. I went through all the training videos and such and while they have offerings that are much easier on a person’s budget, it’s not cheap. The do offer “Good Neighbor Hotel” options, but when you add in ticket prices, transportation (if you’re not staying at a WDW resort), food, etc., you’re looking at a VERY pricey vacation, and where you’re probably talking about a family of four, you’re talking around $4000 or more depending on length of stay. If prices were this high the first time we brought our kids to Disney (20 years ago), we couldn’t have afforded it.

All they seem to want to push now are add-on’s and upgrades to make your stay more enjoyable.

So based on what I’ve seen, and the recent price increases, I would say they are trying to “price out” normal families and only want those who can afford the luxuries of a Disney vacation, and Disney will no longer consider their demographic to be any family with an income under $200,000 a year.

Sure, this will help decrease crowds, but I think that in time, this will prove to be the downfall of Disney Parks since only the elite will be able to afford a Disney Vacation.


Any idea how the revised prices compare to current pricing @ Universal?
_________________
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1


Joined: Jun 22, 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: MA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAIRat wrote:
daveypoo wrote:
I believe that Disney has decided to become a “Premier” destination, rather than a family fun getaway vacation spot.

I’m technically a Travel Agent, and decided to take some training at the College of Disney Knowledge. I went through all the training videos and such and while they have offerings that are much easier on a person’s budget, it’s not cheap. The do offer “Good Neighbor Hotel” options, but when you add in ticket prices, transportation (if you’re not staying at a WDW resort), food, etc., you’re looking at a VERY pricey vacation, and where you’re probably talking about a family of four, you’re talking around $4000 or more depending on length of stay. If prices were this high the first time we brought our kids to Disney (20 years ago), we couldn’t have afforded it.

All they seem to want to push now are add-on’s and upgrades to make your stay more enjoyable.

So based on what I’ve seen, and the recent price increases, I would say they are trying to “price out” normal families and only want those who can afford the luxuries of a Disney vacation, and Disney will no longer consider their demographic to be any family with an income under $200,000 a year.

Sure, this will help decrease crowds, but I think that in time, this will prove to be the downfall of Disney Parks since only the elite will be able to afford a Disney Vacation.


Any idea how the revised prices compare to current pricing @ Universal?


I don't believe USO raised their prices yet, but they are far cheaper from what I can recall when I was looking (heading to FL in September and may head to see the new stuff for Harry Potter).
_________________
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
--Walt Disney

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot


Joined: Nov 13, 2005
Posts: 9547
Location: Arizona/Colorado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only experience is at DLR in So Cal and what I see there is that the non So Cal APs are being priced out and yes I feel they are trying to lure higher income families in but with the large number of So Cal APs still out there and they can still make monthly payments the crowds are not lower ... yes there are those "few" weeks that are manageable and that is when I try to go the most, but overall it is a sea of strollers being pushed by adults that don't care who they run over and electric chairs doing the same. I have been going to DLR since it opened and have experienced all the changes and long for the days of dressing up to go to the Park and guests being courteous ... I will continue to renew my pass for a couple more years as long as I can go a minimum 10 days per year so I feel like, with the discounts I get, I am getting a good value for my money. I feel discriminated against in the pricing since I am not a So Cal resident and am not close enough to take advantage to the "everyday perks" they offer. Still some of the best times I have had have been at
DLR with UAB admins and family ... hope I can still afford to go in 2019 ...

Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kraysister
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent


Joined: Aug 24, 2007
Posts: 1480
Location: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendafitz24 and I talk about this every once in a while. Yes, absolutely, Disney is a lot of money. But there are constantly things to do and see for all ages that you've already paid for and the meal plan is great.
Going somewhere else, by the time you figure out what to see (that will be at least interesting to most of your group/family), add up the $ for those tickets, figure out how to get there and how much that is, and then do all that all over again with regards to meals? And I enjoy the planning part of any trip.
I think it's easy and safe for the group to split and do their own thing and easily meet up later.
I don't spend every vacation at Disney and wouldn't want to, but I'm not sure the cost of Disney is out of line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot


Joined: Mar 01, 2006
Posts: 10794

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this last round, of now charging for parking at WDW, when it is intentionally intended to be a "destination resort" is too much.

A week at the value resorts is another $200.

You could argue they are doing it to cut down the number of guests, but then why are they building more room? You could argue it is to free up parking, but there is no parking issue at the resorts.

The only viable reason, is they want to suck more of your money up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1


Joined: Jun 22, 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: MA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing a lot of outrage on the parking charges. They are now nickel and diming people and just making it more difficult for an average family to go and enjoy a Disney vacation.

I mean, what's next? Charging to use Magical Express and the Monorail? When does it stop? They are making money hand over fist, do they REALLY need to do this?
_________________
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
--Walt Disney

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kraysister
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent


Joined: Aug 24, 2007
Posts: 1480
Location: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine what people are going to say when resorts get bumped up a class or two because the resort is on the skyliner route.

I think the parking charges are to discourage guests from having cars?
Watched a video on YouTube where someone checked in on line, allowing them entry into the resort, and didn't get a parking charge as far as I know.
Not encouraging breaking the rules, but curious if this was a one time glitch or a loophole that's yet to be closed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darlinpeople
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer


Joined: Jul 02, 2018
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I do not like price increases, the last time they did a price increase I compared it to the rate of inflation and they were pretty much keeping in pace with inflation. That being said I also cannot get a package of ramen for 10 cents anymore Smile I haven't done an analysis this time but for a long time they were underneath inflation so perhaps now they're just catching up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 
Utilidors Audio Broadcasting / Utilidors.com / uabmagic.com are in no way affiliated with, endorsed or promoted by the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries.

All Music and requestable media Copyright the Walt Disney Company or their respective artists / Composers.


Page Generation: 0.05 Seconds
 
Copyright © Smeego.com Home Now Playing Site Forum Chat My Account Logout
Powered by the AutoTheme HTML Theme System
Page created in 0.052264 Seconds