Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Price Ever Going Down?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Price Ever Going Down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Price Ever Going Down? Reply with quote

I would LOVE to join! But at $11,000... its just a little over the top for me. Can I pay monthy or yearly or what? HELP!!! Im so concused Confused
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been look'n at joining the Vacation Clib for a couple of years. The whole time I was trying to justify the cost, prices kept going up. What sold me, was the prices of staying at any of Disney's hotels were going up too. If you are planing to go year after year, it pays off in the long run. Once you purchase, you lock them in at that price. You don't have to worry about the increase in room rates anymore. But you do have to pay for maintainance. That depends on how many "points" you purchase. We pay around $60 dollors a month for 150 points. It increases every year by a dollar are two. They also knocked off $2,000 as an incentive. We were paying monthly, but we re-financed my home, and paid off some bills. One bill was thw Vacation Club.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've owned into DVC for a number of years now. We paid cash for our ownership, but financing is an option.

Through Disney, you can get a 10 year loan, at a reasonable interest rate, or you could get a personal loan if you feel you can get a better interest rate.

Another option is to buy on the secondary market. Ghost1000 bought in this way and was very pleased with the outcome. You can get in at a cheaper price, and still get financing and you are treated no differently than any other DVC owner.

All in all, there are a number of ways to buy into DVC without doling out a wad of cash.

ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we purchased we took the money out of our Fidelity account. But from what I understand, you can also get a home equity loan to finance your DVC purchase. It's not interest free, but you can claim the interest on your income tax.

Personally I think it's one of the best decisions we've made. Twice we've treated friends and family to a stay in a two-bedroom unit, and we're planning to do it again in October 2009.

And buying resale can save you considerable up front money.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE Confused so complicated!!! Very Happy
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think this is complicated, wait till you see the papers you have to sign. Just like when you bought your house. When you do join, tell them I sent you.
dtrippie
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always rent points from a current DVC member. It's a great way to see what all the fuss is about and not get locked in. You should be able to get a Sunday thru Thursday stay at a place like the Boardwalk for under $600.
doombuggy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is complicated, but it was one of the best decisions I have made. While I live here in Orlando, I have used it here to stay on property, and this past March I went to Vero Beach. I am not a big beach person (I burn, no tanning), I LOVED this resort. I have heard similar raves for hilton head.

I am planning on using my DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian hotel in Disneyland next year, given that the trip hasn't been spoiled...

If you like going to Disney and can afford it, do it. Smile
1974 - 1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW offsite*94 Contemporary*97 WDW offsite*97 Polynesian*98 PAC DL*99 DLH*00 Port Orleans & Coronado*01 WDW offsite*02 DLH*02 HHB*03 POR*03 HHB*04 Moved to Orlando*06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 OKW*07 VWL* 08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 SSR*10 DLP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: