Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Yak and Yeti, Opening Next Week, Taking Reservations

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Yak and Yeti, Opening Next Week, Taking Reservations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Yak and Yeti, Opening Next Week, Taking Reservations Reply with quote

According to ScreamScape, Yak and Yeti could be open as early as next week! According to them they are putting the finishing touches on the inside and have begun cooking tests...

And then, from WDWMagic comes word that they are taking advanced reservations, starting on 12/3/07:

Quote:
The Yak & Yeti Restaurant is scheduled to open on a walk up basis only starting 11/14. Reservations can be made starting DECEMBER 3, 2007 for arrivals JANUARY 4, 2008 and beyond.

Yak & Yeti offers great food and good-spirited family fun. You’ll indulge yourself with some of Asia’s most tasty offerings. You’ll also find a wide array of unique artifacts rich with the history of our land. Our proprietor and his family have traveled all over Southeast Asia collecting unique, unusual and exotic souvenirs. Yak & Yeti is situated at the base of Mt. Everest in the small town of Anandapur. The sights, sounds and energy in our village are a beacon for the villagers and tourists eager to meet, barter, eat and socialize as they move through their day. It is a place for both the familiar and the exotic, a place for family and friends, tourists, and above all, a place to immerse yourself in a culture that is exciting, exotic and mysterious.

HOURS:
Lunch - 10 am - 3:45 pm
Dinner - 4:00pm to varies with park closing

(All menus and pricing subject to change without notice)

Appetizers start at $6.99
Entrees start at $13.99
Desserts start at $5.99

Menu includes:

Steamed Mussels, Egg Rolls, Chicken Fried Rice, Pot Stickers, Crispy Honey Chicken, Sweet & Sour Pork, Kong Pau Beef, Shrimp Lo Mein, Maple Tamarind Chicken, Mandarin Chicken Salad, Baby Back Ribs, Duck, and Cream Cheese Wontons with Grilled Pineapple.

Kid's Menu start at $7.49

Children's Menu: Chicken Bites, Chicken Fried Rice with an Egg Roll, Burgers and Vegetable Lo Mein.

DISCOUNTS:
Annual and Seasonal Passholders receive 10% off dining entree (excluding alcohol, beverages, tax, and gratuity) for member and up to 3 Guests. 15% discount on retail purchases. (not including sale items).

DVC Members receive a 10% discount off dining entree (excluding alcoholic beverages, tax, and gratuity) for Member and up to 3 Guests. 15% discount on retail purchases (not including sale items Not valid on major holidays). The DVC Members must show their DVC Member card.

Walt Disney Company Cast Member receive 20% off dining (excluding alcohol) valid thru 1/31/08. For eligibility and details, please refer to WDW-CAST MEMBER DISCOUNTS on the hub.

2007 PACKAGES:
none

2008 PACKAGES:
Magic Your Way + Dining (L,D)
Magic Your Way + Dining w/Wine (L,D)
Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining (L,D)
Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining/Wine (L,D)
Magic Your Way Premium (L,D)
Magic Your Way Premium w/Wine (L,D)
Magic Your Way Platinum (L,D)
Magic Your Way Platinum w/Wine (L,D)

This location requires 1 Wine entitlement for any package with the Wine & Dine Plan.

Note:
The Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe is also expected to open on November 14th. Currently no discounts or dining plans are available at this Quick Service location.

Interesting menu, some of which could have been found at the CS that was there before... and from the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace when it first opened.... But I thought the rumor was that this was going to be a buffet? Oh and what is with that name, "Yak and Yeti", not the most "appetizing" name for a restaurant....

But, it seems like it is finally going to open... and soon!
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. In my few trips to WDW...the one thing we've really enjoyed is trying out different eateries every time. This sounds like a nice counter option!

: )
Angus
UAB Social Drinker...er...Director

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...those 2 words have completely different meaning for me....I'll use one of them in a sentence, as an example...

"MacDoogal ordered another pint, yeti didn't have the money to pay for it..."

...you don't want to know about the other one.... Wink
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear it is nothing to write home about. I need to try it myself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: