Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney Treasures - (dvd series)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney Treasures - (dvd series)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthTiki
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Disney Treasures - (dvd series) Reply with quote

Each time a new series of Disney Treasures get released (in those nifty tin boxes), I run to the store like a junky trying to find each one. We all have our favorites.

My favorite so far is the "Tomorrowland: Disney in Space and Beyond".

Anyway, was wondering which is your favorite so far?

and, if you could compile your own Disney Treasure DVD what would it be called and what would it include?
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. While I haven't seen the Disney Treasures dvds myself, (maybe they're only in certain stores), I do like the idea. For myself, if I could put my own series together, I'd try a couple of different things.

1) The Disney That Never Was. This series would showcase all the different concepts that for one reason or another never saw the light of day. Everything from unmade films to the ubiquitous theme park rides, shows and attractions that have yet to be seen and probably won't.

2) Theme Park Almanac. Highlighting the top moments in each of the different parks around the world. Not neccessarily year by year, but rather significant events from each of the individual Disney worlds.

3) Disney's Voices. This would spotlight all of the celebrities that have lent their voices, (and sometimes faces), to classic Disney film characters over the decades. Maybe even include some rare behind the scenes footage of their recording sessions to see how they got into character.

Well, like I said, some of this might already be available somewhere else so if I'm repeating myself please forgive it's late. Later, peace.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any of these, but I do have quite a few of the old movies and cartoons. I used to like "Vault Disnet" on TV, but that hasn't been on for years. I'd like to see some of the old shows.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few of these. I like the Disneyland opening day one the best.

After that, would be the one with some of the Swamp fox. Although I'd rather have all of the Swamp Fox. I don't know why they only put a few of the series on it as opposed to all of them.

I've heard the Disney Secrets is a good one.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got MOST of them (I'm missing some from the 1st and 2nd release). I was watching the Disneyland Secrets last night. Man that was good. I only got through 1 DVD, but loved it all.

I also like the Disneyland Opening and the rare cartoons.

DarthTiki
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I though I was the only Swamp Fox fan on the planet. Good to know I am not alone!

All of these sound like great ideas for future Treasures. Personally I'd like to see a thorough compilation of archival footage and grand opening TV specials from WDW 1971-1975. Maybe call it "The Florida Project" or something snazzy like that.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthTiki wrote:
Wow. I though I was the only Swamp Fox fan on the planet. Good to know I am not alone!

All of these sound like great ideas for future Treasures. Personally I'd like to see a thorough compilation of archival footage and grand opening TV specials from WDW 1971-1975. Maybe call it "The Florida Project" or something snazzy like that.

My brother and I played Swamp Fox for hours, running through the fields near my grandnmother's house.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid's running through the woods? I haven't heard of that in a long time. You didn't sit in front of the TV all day and rot your brain?
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Kid's running through the woods? I haven't heard of that in a long time. You didn't sit in front of the TV all day and rot your brain?

"it's too nice to stay inside. Go out and play!"

And that meant running, riding bikes, pick-up baseball, basketball or footbal games. Not riding an electric scooter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: