Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - DCA 1 Billion dollar makeover...How would you spend it?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

DCA 1 Billion dollar makeover...How would you spend it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: DCA 1 Billion dollar makeover...How would you spend it? Reply with quote

Hey, I am new here but I am wondering...Disney approved a 1 billion dollar makeover for DCA. Check out miceage.com or mouseplanet.com to hear about the plans BUT...

What would you suggest if you were Bob Iger? Or Pixar Johnny?

Plow it under and start from scratch? Retheme it to America instead of CA? Or a small area for each state? A new Epcot? (Not enough room in my view).

And remember, 1 billion is a lot of green and no idea is too outrageous to an imagineer!
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. As far as I'm concerned the only way to truly reinvigorate the property is to totally rethink the entire park from square one; although I understand that some refurbishing has already started in Paradise Pier, (purely cosmetic though). The whole concept of a Disney park as I see it is to take you away from the real world and give you something you can't see everyday, even in California. My own ideas would include bringing in some concepts that have laid dormant for too long. Chief among them would be, of course, Discovery Bay, and look at it this way; if you still wan't a California theme Discovery Bay is supposed to resemble the San Fransisco Bay area, just 100 years ago when there still was imagination in the world. And if you wan't to keep a western motif then use Western River Expedition, that way at least you have something that resembles a traditional Disney dark ride. Well I've got lots of other ideas but I'll let others have their say for now. Until next time, peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea of doing segments around the various states is a cool idea, but you might have to regionalize instead. NE, SE, Midwest, etc....
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have ever been in chat with me you know I love California. So I say keep the theme just do it right. Create a better themed area for Paradise Pier. Create a ride for the Wharf area ... I lean to a ride that has a John Steinbeck AA and talks about the fishing that used to be there. The Agriculture area can keep the Bugs Life stuff if it talks about how the bugs are benneficail and harmful to Ag. the hollywood area just needs love. I always feel that it's empty. I admit I have not been in three years, but these are my thoughts.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparing key attractions of course.....

Everything Pixar....watch out.
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put in more merchandise shops comparable to Starbucks' and Manhattan. Very Happy
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCA needs a nice sit down restaurant like the BLue Bayou. That would be nice. (Well other than the wine country place.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: