its a small world teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Favorite Hollywood Pictures Backlot Attraction?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Favorite Hollywood Pictures Backlot Attraction?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite attraction in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure?
Muppet-Vision 3D
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Monsters, Inc.: Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
Disney Animation
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

DisneyNut2005
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Favorite Hollywood Pictures Backlot Attraction? Reply with quote

What is your favorite attraction in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure?

I chose the Muppets.
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOT! Booyah Cool
CoryTheRaven
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, it was the Disney Animation attraction that really turned my DL trip around. I was a little blah about the whole thing - what with excessive expectations being unmet - until Mac'n'Tach took me there. In it was exacty what I was expecting: this fabulous immersive celebration of Disney animation.

The lobby was spectacular... As a religious man, I'm a little loathe to make the comparison, but it is also inevitable. It was almost cathedral-like, especially when they started projecting clock faces and rose windows around. It was mesmerizing just to stand there and see this tribute surrounding me.

The concept art gallery was alright (I liked the lionfish version of Ursula better than the finished product actually), but the real standout thing was the Sorcerer's Workshop. That was, as I said, exactly what I was looking for: to step into the immersive world of the animation. The Magic Mirror's room was beautiful, and only lacked for the Mirror himself being non-opperational. I could have stayed in the Beast's library for hours, just being taken away by the environment.

Unfortunately, that came on the early evening of my second-to-last day. I hoped to go back on my last day, but there was so much to do that I didn't make it. I haven't worked out an itinerary quite yet, but when I go back, I might make the DA building my first stop, just to get me in the right mental space.

Inquire at: The Iron Mouse - Steampunk in the World of Walt Disney
CAScreaminDude
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muppet*Vision 3D has always been my favorite attraction in Hollywood, before Tower, and also since Tower's arrival. I like to think of Hollywood as a show, and Muppet*Vision backs up that theme moreso than does Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. It's gonna sound odd but I actually have another tie here. Tower of Terror and MuppetVision 3-D. The ToT is by far the best combination of thrill ride and story/dark ride to date, even if it is based on a tv show. MuppetVision also holds alot of appeal for me if only as tribute to another creative genius, Jim Henson. Well, enjoy, peace.
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a no-brainer for me. TOT is the best ride at DCA in my opinion.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i cast my vote for wdw's tot is the best still sorry all the rest are copies hehehe

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: