Alt Text 5
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - How do YOU Rate Tracks?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

How do YOU Rate Tracks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: How do YOU Rate Tracks? Reply with quote

First... I know HOW to rate Tracks... I'm looking more for the intangibles, not the mechanics.

I've often wondered what qualities folks look for when they rate tracks here on UAB...

Is it based on what brings back good memories, Songs you just love to hear, things that you hear that are unusual? Do you take into account the attraction or Park settings the track would originally come from? What about track quality? Would you lower a rating because a track is scratchy and of less than pristine quality, or do you not include those in your Ratings.

So I figured I'd ask... What do you take into account when you rate a track?
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT's Easy WDWfan....you click on the little dropdown menu above....oh wait..nevermind Wink

heh.

Track rating:

How annoying is the attraction that it's apart of.
How annoying is the track itself!
How much does it remind me of Disney or being on vacation
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go with two things . . .

1) Do I enjoy the track, or do I find it annoying.

2) Vintage tracks that remind me of the park in the seventies and early eighties get a higher rating for me.
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, I rate them based upon the memories, then on the "Disneyesque" quality and finally on just plain do I like it or not.
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate on if I enjoy the song or not. Because ther are things I like in the parks but not a fan of the music. Example I love test track I can't stand the music.
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jason. I can't stand any of the tracks from Muppet Vision, but i absolutly love that attraction. It's a matter of the song. But annoying attractions already get 3 or below (cough HSM parade Cough Wink)
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question...I agree with the above. First I consider if I enjoy the actual track or not. But it is true that if I absolutely love an attraction I usually enjoy the music as well.

There are some I totally love that will never be able to see as an attraction because they are already a part of Yesterland...

I like to rate tracks...and then see what I've rated down the road. I do find that I will change my mind sometimes.

: )
AliceinWDW
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate the tracks on how much I enjoy the individual track, then if it's an attraction or entertainer that I really enjoy... Most of the tracks I rate usually end up being Excellents or Goods. Embarassed I find it difficult to rate anything lower than that. If it's something I can take or leave, I rate it OK. There's only a few tracks lower.... Captain Eo for one. (Sorry Captain Eo fans!) I feel so guilty if I rate anything lower than OK. I dont want it to get a bad rating and get played less just because I don't like it. Sad
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's 4 criteria:

Criteria 1: If it's Horizons/GMR/World of Motion = automatic 5

Criteria 2: If I have fond memories of hearing this in the park, or if it invokes a memory that I forgot

Criteria 3: How much is it a Disney-specific track (meaning: Ride narration over say, Off Kilter. The ride narration is very much more Disney for me.

Criteria 4: If it sounds good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: