Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - AP increase....

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

AP increase....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: AP increase.... Reply with quote

As you may have seen in the WDW forum there are ticket increases across the board for the Stateside Parks...so for kicks I thought I'd look and see the increase in APs at DLR.

I've had a Premium as long as I've been an APholder...since I go a lot on weekends and blackout days due to time off work.

To renew next year....$379!

I'm grateful that my renewal is in June...I always have a whole year to let it sink in...and see if I'm using the AP enough to justify the cost.

Deluxe is listed at $259

These are the only two APs listed on the website...and the price IS THE SAME for adults and children alike.

...sigh...

: )
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family gets the Deluxe pass for a few reasons.... We can justifiy its price is 4 or 5 visits, The only real days it's blocked out are Saturdays during the summer and Holidays (whiich I have no true desire to go then anyway), and itsmore than $100 dollars cheaper. But then the upside of the premium is you get merchandise discounts and more food discounts than the other passes. I guess it all depends on how much disney Paraphanelia you buy. But in my opinion, the pass is way worth it if you plan on going 5 or more times in the year. I got mine in November and have used it 12 times since then.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the wdw ap is it going up too and how much?

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
what about the wdw ap is it going up too and how much?

I think the answer is yes...there was a thread in the WDW forum, I don't remember if it said how much it would increase....or if it did at all...I'll hae to see if I can locate it.

I agree about the passport being a good deal if you're entering the Park at least five times. I go with the Premium...since I'm not local...and the food discounts add up. I'm not one to buy lots of merch...but hey, even if I only buy a couple pens I've hit the $10 mark and the discount basically decreases the price by tax.

So yes, in that way I do agree it is worth it...I guess it is just getting more difficult to justify my indulgence....as much as I enjoy the Parks and seeing friends there whenever I'm in town.

Are there any other DL-AP holders out there in UAB land??? Will the increase effect your choice to renew?

: )
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will affect our family, because we got so often that it more than pays for itself.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few times I've gone with the AP, but considering how far it is to get there, it has to be when I am beginning a multiweek stay or when I know I'll be able to repeat visit within the calendar year. Last time I believe was 2001-2002, where I was able to go Nov of the first year and Oct of the second year.

So basically I make the call on a visit by visit basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: