Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Construction Updates DLR (10/4, Halloween, HMH, Montana)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Construction Updates DLR (10/4, Halloween, HMH, Montana)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: New Construction Updates DLR (10/4, Halloween, HMH, Montana) Reply with quote

Hey all! Had the chance to make it down to DLR last night, but left my camera at home so no pictures Sad

Halloween:
Halloween is in full force now at both DIsneyland and DCA. Main Street looks great, and so does the new area in frontierland themed after the "Day of the Dead" in Mexico, or "Dia de los muertos". Looks very nice at night. This weekend was "Gay Days" so the parks were very crowded, which is nice to see. Candy Corn Acres has been put up in DCA, which takes up most of the entrance plaza. Instead of the jaunty california tunes normally playing there, there are songs about candy (ie. "I Want Candy" by Aaron Carter). looks good, but i think they could stretch the themeing outside of just the entrance plaza. Halloween at the DIsneyland Resort will be from Sept. 26 to Nov. 2, so come on by and join the fun!

Haunted Mansion Holiday:

Classic Attraction is now open once again. Exterior looks identical to last year (see last update), bu the ride itself threw a few changes this year. The main Gingerbread house in the center of the ballroom is n longer a house, but a gingerbread coffin instead. The coffin has a gingerbread zombie man who stands up every once in a while. Looks good, but i do prefer the house. The attic scene with the snake who has the naughty/nice list now hasdifferent music, and Jack Skellington's recordings for his animatronic at the spot of the gravedigger is now a bit changed. Other than that, the ride looks great as it did before. NOTE: FASTPASS is open during the holidays for this attraction. Last night the wait never got under 45 minutes, so its a handy tool.

Hannah Montana's Sweet 16 B-day Bash:

The party is TODAY at Disneyland park. Disneyland closes at 5 today for the event. Fantasmic's stage has nowe been transformed into a singing platform, complete with gigantic big screen for the unlucky people in the back. A few signs have been put up advertising the event around the resort, but tickets for the actual event have been sold out for months. DCA will be open until 11:00 PM tonight to compensate for Disneyland's early closing.

DCA Updates:

DCA is starting to get its overhaul. New speakers and light fixtures have been added along the lagoon for the nighttime show coming soon, called "World of Color". McDonalds has been boarded up at PAradise Pier, and Golden Dreams has played its last show ever. Golden Dreams, however, will still be open until next spring for school groups to view under special permission.

DLR Updates From Last updats:

The star tours area has been opened once again. The outdoor queue has added more lights, and the extra indoor queue has been boarded up. Also, a planter has been removed from the center, directly across from the entrance of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. I like it alot, as this adds much more space in that area (much more needed space.) The Frontierland Frycart has been boarded up and the Harbour gallery is as well. NOS Train Station is still under refurb, so the train still doesn't stop there. Last, but not least, the boarded up area near the old skyway station stairs in Fantasyland has been removed, revealing some new soda and popcorn carts.

Hope you enjoyed my update, and i promise i won't forget my camera next time. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: