Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW Trip Feb 3-10

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW Trip Feb 3-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kati24
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: WDW Trip Feb 3-10 Reply with quote

Hello All!
My husband and I are going to be at WDW for a week in February. We have been several times before (approx. 20) and I thought that I might ask any and all of you for some of your best kept secrets as to little known attractions/shows that we shouldn't miss when we go.
Having been every year for about 5 years now we have done all the E ticket attractions and shows (and we will definitely be doing them again!) but we're looking to add to our experience.
Any suggestions?

Kati

p.s. So sorry if that was as clear as mud...it's my first time posting a question using a forum! Smile
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to tell you but the E-Ride Nights have not been offered since August, 2004. The Extra Magic Hours program, that was introduced in January, 2005, took it's place. I got this information off of www.intercot.com
If you want to know more about the Extra Magic Hours, click on the following link http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp

My wife, daughter and myself will also be at Walt Disney World in February, (the last week). We try to get away from the crazy people that show up in our town for Mardi Gras.
If you can, stay on property so you can take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours.
Also, get a Fast Pass as oftend as you can.
http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/fastpass/default.asp

If you would like to see Fantasmic. Try the Fantasmic, Dinner Package. You will have a seat, without waiting in line for an hour.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/fantasmic.asp

But you CAN NOT use it if you purchase a Disney Dining Plan.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp

There are a bunch of new things to see, since you've been at WDW. I just don't know what to tell you is a "must see."

Last edited by ericpabear on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Kati24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
Sorry to confuse! I just meant that we have had lots of experience with the big ticket rides and attractions (i.e. splash, space and big thunder etc.) and were looking for your favourite "other" attractions/shows etc.
I subscribe to the allearsnet newsletter as well so I am always keeping my ear to the ground for tidbits of information to try something new. Smile
Thanks for the links about the extra magic hours, I am familiar with that program as well Smile
Kati
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever done any of the tours Disney has to offer? If not I would have you look into Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour or the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!! The Milestones tour is only like 2 hours where the Keys to the Kingdom is close to 5 so if time is an issue you might want to skip the latter one. But with the Keys to the Kingdom tour you get a sneak peek at the Utilidors!!!! Price wise the Keys 2 the kingdom is $25 per person and the milestones will run ya $60 per. If you two are into golf there courses are great!! That is all I can think of now! Hope this helps Very Happy
Kati24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That's great advice! We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour during our honeymoon in Sept of 2007. It was fantastic and we LOVED that we got a sneak peek into the utilidors.

We were also very lucky to have a Tour Guide who LOVED to elaborate. Our tour was just over 6 and a half hours long! What a treat! We will definitely look into the Magical Milestones tour. We were also looking at the Backstage Magic Tour. Has anyone done this tour before?
We will be staying at the Pop Century for the week...we have stayed there before (along with all the other all-star resorts) and have had great experiences. We were spoiled during our honeymoon and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...absolutely amazing...

in our experience, we have found that attending a park that has the extra magic hours (either morning or evening) makes for a busier park so we tend to avoid that specific park on their "extra magic hour" day. does anyone else find this to be true as well?
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i know your from Canada but go to Canada @ Epcot you need to see the new movie it's funny every Canadain I recommend it to says it's funny I used to drive a cab out of the Royal Plaza and Double Tree but it's funny with Martin Short

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Kati24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do! Thanks Redbaron! Smile
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did Backstage Magic a number of years ago (Jim Korkus was our guide!). It was back before AK was open and when they still did animation in MGM.

But, it is STILL an awesome tour. You spend a lot of time backstage in all the parks, you get a visit to the Utilidors (a personal favorite here at UAB Wink) and even the control room for many of the MK attractions. It's got a bit of a cost to it, but it includes lunch and a personal motorcoach to all the parks. I believe you meet at Epcot for the start and it's just fun and information from there. I highly recommend it!

As for Extra Magic Hours, I agree that those days the parks get crowded depending on the time of day for the EMH. If it's in the morning, we'll do that park in the morning and leave in the afternoon. If it's an evening, we'll either stay for the EMH or leave around dinner time.

I also agree with Redbarron, the new Canada show is really good. More entertaining but just as informative. And being from the Capital of Canada (yeah, I know my Canada Geography!), you MUST go to Canada! Wink

Good luck and have a ball!

Kati24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Great advice! Counting down the days now for sure!...13 days! Smile
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are frequent visitors too, but for fun we like to try and find something new to try - a restaurant, a show etc.

Last trip, we finally made the time to see the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom (we usually rushing over to Everest).

Still in my list to try...The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: