Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Construction Updates (11/2 Halloween .. PHOTO HEAVY!!!!)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Construction Updates (11/2 Halloween .. PHOTO HEAVY!!!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: New Construction Updates (11/2 Halloween .. PHOTO HEAVY!!!!) Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Just got back from another exciting afternoon at DLR last night, and I have a few pictures to share with you, especially since I forgot the camera last time.

Note: I would like to apologize in advance for bad pictures. The weather was very hit and miss yesterday, and my camera was having some issues. There will be some blury pictures, especially in the DCA preview Center.

Now, onto the main event Wink

11/2:

First off, Halloween pictures. Even though Halloween had already passed, the holiday was still poppin all over the resort.

DCA's Candy Corn Acres:

The Front Entrance Looking good.

Golden Gate Bridge got a nice decoration string

The Candy Corn Acre's Central Plaza area looked very good. I really like the touch they added on top of the Vendor carts here.

A new Soda Cup. The Coffee cup has a similar design:

Onto Disneyland. The main Entrance looked very good.

Main Street was very pleasant, but seemed a bit toned down from when I came in early October. Probably trying to get a head start on taking decorations down.

The Main Pumpkin in the Town SquareL

These flower arrangements looked beautiful, perfect for fall.

I thought City Hall looked the best decorated.

Betcha didn't think of these Jack-o-Lantern Designs!

The Castle had already been stripped of its Halloween, and signs of Christmas had fallen onto the spires. Taking from last year, this is only phase one of the Christmas Castle transformation, but it sure does look good.

Now, My personal Holiday Favorite at Disneyland: Haunted Mansion Holiday!!!

As said from last update, the exterior looks just the smae, but still phenominal. The interior is a bit changed, and if you want the full details click here: http://www.uabmagic.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3348

Now, onto the pictures:

The Exterior Facade. All of these pictures are taken from outside of the Fenced off queue.

The Fastpass is open during HMH.

We then hopped in line and got these pictures.

+

I love this contrast.

I attempted to get some pictures inside the ride, but light sources and a wiggy camera prevented me from getting any good pictures except for this one:

Overall, still the same great ride it always has been.

Next is the Frontierland "Dia De Los Muertos" Display. I thought this Display looked very cool.

Mariachi Anyone?

I thought these "Papel Picados" were cool. We made them last year in my Spaish class.

New Orleans Square had some life of Christmas already. I love the Mardi Gras spin the put on it.

Neener neener neener!

It's A Small World's facade is totally revealed, waiting for its late November reopening. What surprises me is there are no signs of Christmas decor on the facade yet.

The "Small world Toy Store" Reopened.

This building inside looks very neat

Across the "road" from ISAW, the small Girft shop was closed for refurb. This circular building sells pins, hats, and other trinkets, similar to the Newstand on Main Street.

In Fantasyland, the walkway from Main Street's Plaza Gardens to Fantasyland was boarded up on both sides. You can still enter "Once Upon a Time" and get through there.

That's it for Disneyland!

DCA:

DCA is going through some major changes right now. First, and foremost, is the opening of the "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" Pep Ralley Parade.

+

Next is the Construction on the new DVC addition onto the Grand Californian Hotel.

The Golden Dreams Building is standing empty.

The Sun Wheel went into "Mickey's Fun Wheel" Overhaul. The Cars were removed and the area was borded up.

+

And last, but not least, is the opening of the new DCA Preview Center. Please remeber the pictures in here are awfuly blurry, thanks to a no flash rule.

On the walkway to the building were some signs that described the rehaul DCA is recieving.

A design of the new entrance gates. DHS much?

Pictures of the New Entrance Plaza:

A general new map of the park:

Rest to come in the next post!
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Round 2.

Continuing on, a zoomed in picture of the new map:

"World of Color" (The new nighttime show) Concept:

Paradise Pier Concept:

A Sun Wheel sketch as Mickey's Fun Wheel

Cars Land Concept Designs

Radiator Racers:

The Blue Celler Entrance

A Scale Model of the New Paradise Pier

Sketch of the New Silly Symphony Swings

A Trolly Car Model for the new Entrance plaza

And with that, Halloween is over.

I hope you enjoyed my update. Do come back and drop in again real soon. Next update will be Christmas stuff!! I hope your stay has been a pleasent one!

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice update!

I missed Halloweentime this year...sadly. Thanks for the photos and good captions!

: )
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update for the update, ALL decorations in DL and DCA hav been taken down, replaced by christmas. I will have an update on that soon Smile
wdwnut4life
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fab pics!!!! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: