its a small world teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Extreme Backstage Blog About Horizons

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Extreme Backstage Blog About Horizons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Extreme Backstage Blog About Horizons Reply with quote

Just found this website. It's done by these two guys who used to sneak off the ride at Horizons, walk around, eat backstage, walk though the scenes, etc. Not recommended at all, but really really cool. http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com. I especially figured you guys would be interested since everyone here is a big Horizons nut.

Enjoy. I'd never be crazy enough to do half of this, but boy would it be cool! That doesn't mean that I haven't thought of doing something like this...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'm all over this blog. It's amazing! It's my Mecca! They also created a site called Horizons Remote Access Terminal that shows all the video of the cameras they hid around the ride.

http://shanedlm.hostrator.com/horizons/
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of getting off a ride to "self tour".....

If you could get off a ride and tour on your own backstage, which one would it be?

My choice is...... Haunted Mansion
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownieboy69 wrote:
Speaking of getting off a ride to "self tour".....

If you could get off a ride and tour on your own backstage, which one would it be?

My choice is...... Haunted Mansion

Spaceship Earth

I would hang out in Rome all day to smell the awesome aroma of Rome burning.
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an ex-castmember I had the pleasure of walking most of 'em.

GMR
Horizons
Journey into Imag
Seas
SSE
Haunted Mansion
Etc....

Let me know if you have any questions about them. I'm sure I have a story or two.
mdegrand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
As an ex-castmember I had the pleasure of walking most of 'em.

GMR
Horizons
Journey into Imag
Seas
SSE
Haunted Mansion
Etc....

Let me know if you have any questions about them. I'm sure I have a story or two.

I've walked thru GMR. That was really cool! Years ago I worked at Coaster and then graveyard shift security at DTD/Epcot.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Journey... That would probably be my choice. Any cool stories about that one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunted Mansion would be my #1, but SSE and GMR would be fun too.

kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think it would be really cool to check out 20K Leagues after it had closed. It was one of my faves, and the thought of swimming around in that lagoon to check out the old shut down and probably rusting animatronics would've been really creepy but cool.
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
I loved Journey... That would probably be my choice. Any cool stories about that one?

Let's see... I already told you about Bonnie Appetite's face hidden in the ride and the Dreamfinder with the gigantic paintbrush wore a white thong.

Well, our breakroom was right before you hit the 1st scene (turntable). From there we could go on the roof and watch Illumniations (there was a gigantic mirror on the roof of the building for the laser). Up in the Imageworks there was a set of double doors right before the room that had the lights that made sound. If you went in those doors it would lead you to the air conditioning room and a set of steps that led you in the middle of the turntable where you could see all 5 show scene 1's going on. Also, in the part of the ride that spelled SURPRISE, a sound effect mentioned a pretty derogatory term about Mickey Mouse (apparently, the sound folks got stiffed by Disney upon ride completion).

Honey, I Shrunk the audience was neat to go under the floor. There are these huge sacks that fill with air to lift the audience.

Other than that, both buildings didn't have a lot room other than the attraction itself, so no cool hidden rooms. However, the RCC (Ride Control Room) that ran JII had all these monster computers from the '70's. It was so outdated. Also, the back room had a glasses cleaning machine that looked like a long oven. There were huge boxes that contained broken glasses. We used to hide in those boxes and jump out to scare the new hires.

I need to scan all these pictures in sometime. I have some Haunted Mansion ones too.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever considered doing a blog? Sounds like you have a lot of good material there. Very cool!
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I just posted a link to my blog Laughing

http://www.allthingswdw.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: