Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Figment Sails the Rideau Canal & The Thousand Islands

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Figment Sails the Rideau Canal & The Thousand Islands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> True-Life Adventures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kati24
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Figment Sails the Rideau Canal & The Thousand Islands Reply with quote

Hi there!
Well I finally put together the pictures from my boat trip down the Rideau Canal to the Thousand Islands and back. We started in the Big Rideau Lake and sailed for 4 nights and 5 days. Unfortunately, due to Canada Post giving me misinformation about when I could pick Figment up, he missed the boat! We were all extremely disappointed that he couldn't join us and took pictures with him in mind. Once we got back from the trip I picked Figment up and took some pictures with him with the intention of "photoshopping" him into our adventures since he was truly with us in spirit! Smile
Enjoy!

My friend Amber and I were the ones on the boat trip and my Grandfather was our Captain.
For some history about the Rideau Canal and Boldt Castle, check out these websites:

http://www.rideau-info.com/canal/
http://www.boldtcastle.com/

This is our vessel for the journey... "The Monobelle"

A little game of cards before a dip in the lake Smile

This is inside one of the several locks we sailed through to get to Lake Ontario. The locks were built in 1832 and are still run by hand cranks!

This is in front of Boldt Castle in the Thousand Islands. Just outside of Alexandria Bay, NY

Here is a picture of Boldt Castle.

The crew...

This is when I picked up Figment from the Post Office...we literally picked him up, took some pics in the car and then mailed him back so that he would be back in MA in time for LtlDeb's trip to the D23 Expo
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Job! Figment sure does love to travel! Great pics!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great trip...wish I could holiday as much as Figment does!

: )
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. It's too bad Figment didn't get more time in Canada. I'm sure he would have loved to have had a Moosehead or a Labatts while cruising the locks. Or at least a coffee from Tim's. Maybe next time.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame he could not make the boat trip.

Or is it? Do we know if he gets sea sick or not?
Kati24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Point! You never know how his Sea Legs (and wings?) would have made out... Smile

He most definitely would have enjoyed a Moosehead or maybe even a Canadian Smile Next time he is in Canada I will have to take him for a Beavertail too! Very Happy
Glad you liked the pics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> True-Life Adventures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: