Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - The Muppets are finally getting some love!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

The Muppets are finally getting some love!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: The Muppets are finally getting some love! Reply with quote

During the D23 Expo’s Muppet presentation it was announced that MuppetVision 3D in California and Florida will be upgraded to be shown in digital 3D in the near future. A new pre-show is also being planned along with new modern movie spoof posters, such as Pirates of the Amphibian (with Kermit dressed up as Capt. Jack). The Muppet movement wont stop there however, as another Mobile character experience will soon be roaming the parks. Keep your eyes open for the Mobile Electric Mayhem Band. I’ve also heard something about a Muppet Whatnot Workshop experience that will be added to both Florida and California parks, but I’m not quite certain what that will be.

Source: Screamscape; http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm

Huge Update On All Things Muppets!
By George 'El Guapo' Roush on September 13, 2009

At today's D23 Expo, they had a great hour long presentation on The Muppets and all of the things fans can look forward to.

Since I tweeted most of it, I figured I should post the highlights here since many of you aren't on Twitter. Shame.

Alright, here's what you can expect from the Muppets in the future:

Continuing with their YouTube videos such as Ode to Joy, look for more Muppet interpretations of songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Stand By Me, Dust in the Wind , holiday songs and more.

A new Muppets Halloween special will air next year on TV.

Muppet pre-show designs will be updated for The Muppet*Vision 3-D attraction at Disney's California Adventure. New posters such as Hamma Montana and other posters spoofing Pixar movies. The movie itself will be re-rendered in Dolby Digital 3-D.

because it's so popular, that they'll build new ones for the parks here), will have a new mobile addition, an Electric Mayhem version of the popular attraction.

Look for a brand new Statler and Waldorf - From the Balcony book coming out next year. This title will join such books as It's Hard Out Here For A Shrimp and Before You Leap: A Frog's Eye View of Life's Greatest Lessons.

Some cool new iPhone Muppets apps will be released. Look for Animal's Drum Kit this October. Then Pepe's Love Meter around Valentine's Day followed by Gonzo Grams (you can launch Gonzo and send it to someone and anywhere from 1-30 days, depending on what you choose, Gonzo will show up on the recipient's phone.) and a Statler and Waldorf theater app that you take with you to the movies. An app where these two guys rag on a film? Sounds like fun!

Look for more music cd's.

Steiff will start a new line of plush Muppet stuffed animals starting with Kermit the Frog.

Tonner dolls will have a Muppets line including a Pigs in Space version coming out soon.

Muppet Whatnot workshops, right now in the FAO Schwarz store in New York, will make its way into the Disney Parks.

Disney Consumer Products is coming out with a Green And Lovin' It Organic line of products like shirts, dishes, etc. They will have a new line of products each year.

Look for more graphic novels based off of your favorite Muppet films and stories. A Pigs In Space series will be next to come out. They will also have motion comics coming out in the future that you can download to your portable media device like your iPhone.

The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made will be the next feature length Muppet movie. Don't know if it's based off of a Henson idea from 1985 or if Jason Segel (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) will be doing something new.

That's about it! Some exciting new stuff is coming soon for Muppets fans everywhere!

Source: LatinoReview.com; http://www.latinoreview.com/news/huge-update-on-all-things-muppets-7997

FINALLY! Just don't mess with the Pre-Show video... best part of the whole attraction!

Kermit
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new main show??? That stinks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the preshow and would hate to see it changed. I wouldn't be so opposed to the main movie though. Just get rid of Waldo. Please.
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
I love the preshow and would hate to see it changed. I wouldn't be so opposed to the main movie though. Just get rid of Waldo. Please.

Seriously. The MuppetVision preshow is way more entertaining than the feature presentation. Just like the old HISTA preshow at Disneyland was more humorous and entertaining than the movie itself.

Keep the classic preshows, Disney! Or at least release them on DVD.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with the same main show, as long as the digital looks good. We saw it this past weekend and it looked HORRIBLE... A new show would be cool, but I'll settle for a clean digital print...
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main show is better than the pre-show for 1 reason:

Beaker.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the Muppet version movie posters that they have at the Disneyland MuppetVision queue? Well Disney recently installed new versions of these type of posters in the DHS MuppetVision queue... Check this post at WDWMagic for photos of these posters...

I would love to see most of these, even the High School Mayhem and the Beak-E... Bloody hillarious! Laughing
Therewasatime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the foolishness that I would like to see. Tapping Foot
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling on Floor Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: