Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Two new additions to DAK

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Two new additions to DAK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Two new additions to DAK Reply with quote

Disney's Animal Kingdom: Two baby giraffes born this month

There's a mini-baby-boom in the giraffe population at Disney's Animal Kingdom. On Oct. 12, Bolo was born to second-time mother Big Girl (both in photo above). A week earlier, Bruehler was born to third-time mother Aibuni.

The newborns are both male and already stand at about 6 feet tall. They could grow up to be between 15 and 18 feet high. The new twosome began nursing right away, Disney officials say, and they are already very feisty. They are the 13th and 14th giraffes born at Animal Kingdom since it opened in 1998.

The theme-park-going public can't spy Bolo and Bruehler just yet, but they should be out and about "in the coming weeks," a Disney spokesperson says.

"The next important milestone is for the calves to continue the bonding process with their mothers who will teach them important lessons and guide them as they are introduced to the herd in the coming weeks," says Matt Hohne, animal operations director at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Bonus fact: Gestation period for giraffes is about 15 months.

Source: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2009/10/disney-world-animal-kingdom-baby-giraffes-born-pictures.html

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear they are having success with that breeding program. I wish they had as good in some of the other programs.

Enjoy seeing them folks. By the time I see em they'll be adults Crying or Very sad
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story. Smile

I look foward to seeing them when I there in January.
By then they will be over 7 feet tall. Very Happy
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyDaddy wrote:
Nice story. Smile

I look foward to seeing them when I there in January.
By then they will be over 7 feet tall. Very Happy

"But - that's another story"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: