Alt Text 5
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Happy 39th B-Day to Walt Disney World! (and 28th to EPCOT!)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Happy 39th B-Day to Walt Disney World! (and 28th to EPCOT!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Happy 39th B-Day to Walt Disney World! (and 28th to EPCOT!) Reply with quote

Here's wishing the Walt Disney World Resort a very happy 39th birthday and 28th to EPCOT Center. I was there 28 years ago to see the opening of EPCOT and still treasure the wonderful memories of that day. Smile
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so was i

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't. i was only a couple weeks old at the time. Shocked
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sarah! I may be 49 but I'm only 24 in my head...Smile You really missed something special when EPCOT was brand new.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to go for the first time until a few years after it had opened, maybe around 86. Now I live about 10 miles away and am there all the time!
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only two when EPCOT opened, and wasn't living in Florida yet. My family moved us to Central Florida only a day after my third birthday, and it took my dad three more years to discover that he loved all things Epcot.

It used to bore me to tears when I was little, probably literally, but as I got older, I started to like it more and more. It's my favorite Disney property, now. Regardless, I've always been fascinated with Spaceship Earth, and I grew up in WDW. I have a lot of great memories of the place.

Can't wait until the Epcot's 30th. I hope they do something awesome.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Epcot's , DHS and Animal Kingdoms openings. Man do I miss Walter's Spaceship Earth. I remember that journey into Imagination took forever to open as a ride. The years without the living seas. I still remember when WDW used ticket books it was Disney that made the expression e ticket ride a household phrase. For the record MK and I are the same age. My folks and I moved Central Florida in 75 and before Universal, and Epcot and all the new parks. We had Circus World, Cyprus Gardens, Mk, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Weeki Watchie, Silver Springs, and The Kennedy Space Center.

Mission to Mars and If you had wings, oh the time of "Now is the time" oh the memories.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: